Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Unknown Soldier

     The other day, I was headed to clear Karazhan on my hunter when my NPC Scan went off.  It was a rare spawn named "The Unknown Soldier".  This immediately caught my attention since this is a reference to the actual unknown soldier tomb in Arlington Cemetary.  I was intrigued since I myself was in the military.


     One thing that is pretty cool about the place he spawns is that it looks like the area was actually built for him and him alone.  It is a really remote place in Duskwood that you would probably never see unless you were looking for it.  He is found kneeling over what I presume is his own grave, standing a silent vigil.  It's a really pretty area as well, complete with a waterfall and small stream running through it.  After exploring a little I found that this little nook is located right behind Abercrombie's tower to the northeast, through a gateway and up a hill.  He is the quest giver that gives the quests leading up to Stitches attacking Darkshire.  

     He was apparently an Alliance soldier in his past life as he is wearing level 60 Alliance PVP armor.  He has a vrykul model with a skeletal skin.  Very cool looking.  Well done Blizzard, once again you have impressed me with your attention to detail and your real world references.  Continue your awesomeness forever please.  Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment